- Professional Development & Consulting
- Sustainable School Coordination
- CELF Summer Institute
- Sustainability Summit/EXPO
- Learning with Leaders
- School Eco-Footprint Program
- CELF Student Ambassador Program
SAM STUDENT ADVISORY BOARD
Jieen Bae, Ardsley High School
Cary Chapman, Pleasantville High School
Karina Franke, Hackley School
Sara Hwong, Edgemont High School
Avery Kayle, Scarsdale High School
Yerin Kim, Edgemont High School
Rachel Livermore, Hackley School
Cladia Pou, John Jay High School
Shara Um, Edgemont High School
Corinne Williamson, Domincan Academy
EXPLORE THE WATERGUIDE:
30+ activities to explore water and related sustainability issues from multiple perspectives
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
CELF Student Ambassadors (SAMs) receive training in sustainability issues, gain hands-on experience and develop interpersonal skills while making a difference in their own community and communities around the globe. Ambassadors build relationships within their schools and with students from other high schools while representing CELF at local, regional and national events.
In addition to gaining the opportunity to present at numerous local events this spring, Student Ambassadors are eligible to represent CELF at two national conferences over Earth Day weekend. Click on the hyperlinked event names below for further program information.
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR TRAINING VIDEO
REGISTER YOUR EVENT to join the CELF LifeStraw "100 Schools" Water Campaign
2014-2015 EVENTS CALENDAR (more to come):
- SEP 14, 2014: Whole Foods Market South Beach 5% Day in support of CELF LifeStraw "100 Schools" Campaign - Community filters for schools Haiti! Join Miami Student Ambassadors for LifeStraw demonstrations [1020 Alton Rd, Miami Beach, FL]
- SEP 17, 2014: Whole Foods Market Yonkers 5% Day - details coming soon!
2013 - 2014 EVENTS CALENDAR:
- JUNE 22-28, 2014: Student Climate & Conservation (Sc3) Congress, Shepherdstown, WV Sc3. See Green Schools Alliance website for details and application process.
- JUNE 14, 2014: Sustainable is Attainable Sustainability Summit, MS51, Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY
- JUNE 8, 2014: SAM End-of-Year BBQ and Planning Meeting
- MAY 21, 2014: CELF Gala, The Lighthouse at Pier Sixty, NYC
- APRIL 27, 2014: Green Festival NYC, Pier 94, NYC (see below)
- APRIL 24-27, 2014: EPA P3 Student Design Competition and EXPO and USA Science Festival - the largest science festival in the US! Washington, DC.
- MARCH 12, 2014: SPEAKER PANEL: Topic: "Reducing Our Impact, While Making an Impact"
@ Scarsdale High School.
- JAN 29, 2014: SAM TriState NY TRAINING: Hackley-Allen Hall, 6:30-8:30 pm (See flyer)
- JAN 15, 2014: SAM Advisory Board meeting
- DEC 2013: SAM Miami Beach TRAINING: Location-Miami Beach Senior High School
- NOV 26, 2013: Fox Lane High School Oxfam Water/Hunger Banquet, Bedford, NY
- NOV 9, 2013: FIELD TRIP: The Water We Drink Millwood Water Treatment Plant tour, water testing activity, and a guided tour of the Old Croton Aqueduct (Ossinging)
- OCT 12, 2013: Sustainability in Higher Education, student led panel discussion. College students from across the region share curriculum paths and campus greening efforts.
REGISTER FOR ALL EVENTS VIA EMAIL TO PATTI BRESSMAN, CELF Director of Student Programs
CELF was a proud Official Partner of the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival, held April 24-27, 2014 in Washington, D.C. CLICK HERE to read more about our booth and see CELF Student Ambassadors in action.
The USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo hosted over 225,000 K-12 students and parents, including over 5,000 teachers and over 3,000 STEM professionals experiencing the largest, most interactive celebration of STEM!
Participants included more than 750 of the World's leading professional scientific and engineering societies, universities, government agencies, high tech corporations and STEM outreach and community organizations.
New for 2014: The Festival hosted the U.S. News STEM Solutions conference, bringing in 2,500 STEM professionals from across the country and several science teacher associations including in thousands of teachers! This is a NOT to be missed field trip for students and teachers! For more information and plan your 2015 visit see www.usasciencefestival.org.
CLICK HERE TO READ HIGHLIGHTS FROM APRIL 2014
USA Science and Engineering Festival and EPA P3: People, Prosperity and the Planet Student Design Competition for Sustainability
Washington National Convention Center, Washington, DC - April 25-27, 2014
Green Festival NYC
Pier 94, New York City - April 27, 2014
SUNDAY, SEPT 14
JOIN US AT
WHOLE FOODS SOUTH BEACH, MIAMI for a
5% DAY in support of
LifeStraw Community donations to schools in Haiti!
This inspiring event will be the result of Miami SAM Juliette G's hard work and persistence!
SAM FIELD TRIP FORMS (REQUIRED FOR OUT-OF-TOWN EVENTS):
- TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM
- FIELD TRIP FORM | IMAGE RELEASE
- HEALTH INSURANCE FORM/CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM
STUDENT AMBASSADOR MATERIALS:
“I would definitely recommend the program to others! If you're scared about not knowing the people or are going to be shy about presenting, don't be. CELF SAMs are the best, and the P3 EXPO is designed for people who care about the environment, so everyone walking around is actually interested in what you're saying. It was a great way to learn about so many issues and to see what is really being done at the college level!”
2013 Student Ambassador representative to the EPA P3 Student Design Competition and EXPO, Washington, D.C.
CELF Student Ambassador Program generously supported by Whole Foods Market.