- Professional Development & Consulting
- Sustainable School Coordination
- CELF Summer Institute
- Sustainability Summit/EXPO
- Learning with Leaders
- School Eco-Footprint Program
- CELF Student Ambassador Program
SAM STUDENT ADVISORY BOARD
Jieen Bae, Ardsley High School
Cary Chapman, Pleasantville High School
Karina Franke, Hackley School
Sara Hwong, Edgemont High School
Avery Kayle, Scarsdale High School
Yerin Kim, Edgemont High School
Rachel Livermore, Hackley School
Cladia Pou, John Jay High School
Shara Um, Edgemont High School
Corinne Williamson, Domincan Academy
EXPLORE THE WATERGUIDE:
30+ activities to explore water and related sustainability issues from multiple perspectives
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
CELF Student Ambassadors (SAMs) receive training in sustainability issues, gain hands-on experience and develop interpersonal skills while making a difference in their own community and communities around the globe. Ambassadors build relationships within their schools and with students from other high schools while representing CELF at local, regional and national events.
In addition to gaining the opportunity to present at numerous local events this spring, Student Ambassadors are eligible to represent CELF at two national conferences over Earth Day weekend. Click on the hyperlinked event names below for further program information.
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR TRAINING VIDEO
REGISTER YOUR EVENT to join the CELF LifeStraw "100 Schools" Water Campaign
2014-2015 EVENTS CALENDAR (more to come):
- APR 3-4, 2015: EPA P3: People, Prosperity and the Planet Student Design Competition for Sustainabililty, on The Mall, Washington, DC. Select SAMs will host a booth for the two day EXPO and have an opportunity to visit with scientists, engineers, college students and sustainability leaders. Application details to follow in Jan 2015.
- DEC 16, 2014: SPEAKER PANEL: Topic: "Feeding a Healthy Future" 6:30-8:30 pm @John Jay High School, Cross River, NY. Short video followed by panel discussion. Flyer and further details to be posted soon! FREE, Open to ALL but RSVP to email@example.com.
- NOV 20, 2014: Rye Middle School "Global Justice Day". CELF SAMs will host three workshops on "Design for the Other 90%"
- SEP 17, 2014: Whole Foods Market Yonkers 5% Day in support of Education for Sustainability and STEM teacher training in Yonkers Public School. CELF SAMs LifeStraw Demonstrations - 4 pm - 7 pm. Educational Store Tour with Whole Foods Experts - 4 pm.
- SEP 14, 2014: Whole Foods Market South Beach 5% Day in support of CELF LifeStraw "100 Schools" Campaign - Community filters for schools Haiti! Miami Student Ambassadors LifeStraw demonstrations all afternoon.
2013 - 2014 EVENTS CALENDAR:
- JUNE 22-28, 2014: Student Climate & Conservation (Sc3) Congress, Shepherdstown, WV Sc3. See Green Schools Alliance website for details and application process.
- JUNE 14, 2014: Sustainable is Attainable Sustainability Summit, MS51, Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY
- JUNE 8, 2014: SAM End-of-Year BBQ and Planning Meeting
- MAY 21, 2014: CELF Gala, The Lighthouse at Pier Sixty, NYC
- APRIL 27, 2014: Green Festival NYC, Pier 94, NYC (see below)
- APRIL 24-27, 2014: EPA P3 Student Design Competition and EXPO and USA Science Festival - the largest science festival in the US! Washington, DC.
- MARCH 12, 2014: SPEAKER PANEL: Topic: "Reducing Our Impact, While Making an Impact"
@ Scarsdale High School.
- JAN 29, 2014: SAM TriState NY TRAINING: Hackley-Allen Hall, 6:30-8:30 pm (See flyer)
- JAN 15, 2014: SAM Advisory Board meeting
- DEC 2013: SAM Miami Beach TRAINING: Location-Miami Beach Senior High School
- NOV 26, 2013: Fox Lane High School Oxfam Water/Hunger Banquet, Bedford, NY
- NOV 9, 2013: FIELD TRIP: The Water We Drink Millwood Water Treatment Plant tour, water testing activity, and a guided tour of the Old Croton Aqueduct (Ossining)
- OCT 12, 2013: Sustainability in Higher Education, student led panel discussion. College students from across the region share curriculum paths and campus greening efforts.
REGISTER FOR ALL EVENTS VIA EMAIL TO PATTI BRESSMAN, CELF Director of Student Programs
CELF was a proud Official Partner of the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival, held April 24-27, 2014 in Washington, D.C. CLICK HERE to read more about our booth and see CELF Student Ambassadors in action.
The USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo hosted over 225,000 K-12 students and parents, including over 5,000 teachers and over 3,000 STEM professionals experiencing the largest, most interactive celebration of STEM!
Participants included more than 750 of the World's leading professional scientific and engineering societies, universities, government agencies, high tech corporations and STEM outreach and community organizations.
Next event happens in 2016 - this is a NOT to be missed field trip for students and teachers! For more information and plan your visit see www.usasciencefestival.org.
CLICK HERE TO READ HIGHLIGHTS FROM APRIL 2014
USA Science and Engineering Festival and EPA P3: People, Prosperity and the Planet Student Design Competition for Sustainability
Washington National Convention Center, Washington, DC - April 25-27, 2014
Green Festival NYC
Pier 94, New York City - April 27, 2014
SAM 2014 Fundraisers
|Whole Foods Miami Beach, FL, Sept 2014|
|Whole Foods Yonkers, NY, Sept 2014|
SAM FIELD TRIP FORMS (REQUIRED FOR OUT-OF-TOWN EVENTS):
- TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM
- FIELD TRIP FORM | IMAGE RELEASE
- HEALTH INSURANCE FORM/CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM
STUDENT AMBASSADOR MATERIALS:
2014 STUDENT AMBASSADOR FEEDBACK:
"I'm so grateful to be part of CELF! Joining the SAM advisory board is one of the best decisions I've made in high school. Thanks again for all the opportunities!"
"The speakers, conventions, local events, galas, and even trainings are all very informative and continue to expose SAMs to the endless possibilities to incorporate sustainability into our lives."
"I loved how interscholastic this program was, and how organized it was. Patti (CELF) does a great job of getting things together and getting things done."
"I had a really great time as a SAM this year! I will definitely be continuing my involvement and work towards spreading further involvement into my school more."
CELF Student Ambassador Program generously supported by Whole Foods Market.