the CELF's LifeStraw "100 Schools" Water Campaign
EXPLORE THE WATERGUIDE +related activities
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
CELF Student Ambassadors (SAMs) receive training in sustainability issues, gain hands-on experience and develop interpersonal skills while making a difference in their own community and communities around the globe. Ambassadors build relationships within their schools and with students from other high schools while representing CELF at local, regional and national events.
In addition to gaining the opportunity to present at numerous local events this spring, Student Ambassadors are eligible to represent CELF at two national conferences over Earth Day weekend. Click on the hyperlinked event names below for further program information.
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR TRAINING VIDEO
REGISTER YOUR EVENT to join the CELF LifeStraw "100 Schools" Water Campaign
SAM EVENTS SCHEDULE - 2013 - 2014: (Training and additional events coming!)
Training information to be announced soon. Advanced registration required, NO FEE.
- SEPT 25, 2013: 5% Day at Whole Foods Market - White Plains [110 Bloomingdale Rd, White Plains, NY] will donate 5% of their net sales to CELF on Wednesday, September 25. This is a great day to stock up on natural and organic groceries and supplements, try their prepared foods, and support our Student Ambassadors at the same time! CELF will have a table set up at the store for a “meet and greet” from 11:00 am -7:00 pm, with SAMs demonstrations during after school hours, so come say “Hi” and bring your questions!
- OCT 12, 2013: Sustainability in Higher Education, student led panel discussion open to all high school students. College students from across the region will share curriculum paths and campus greening efforts. Location: Manhattanville College
- NOV 9, 2013: FIELD TRIP: The Water We Drink Millwood Water Treatment Plant tour (Millwood, NY) and water testing activity, followed by a guided tour outside of the Old Croton Aqueduct, NYC first modern water supply. 9:30 am t0 1:30 pm Advance registration required: email email@example.com. OPEN TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. SPACE IS LIMITED. CLICK HERE to Download FIELD TRIP PERMISSION FORM
- Nov 26, 2013: Fox Lane High School Water/Hunger Banquet, Bedford, NY (6-8:00 pm)
- NOV 21, 2013: GreenBuild 2013, Philadelphia, PA, November 20-21
- DEC 2013: SAM TriState NY TRAINING: Details coming soon
- DEC 2013: SAM Miami Beach TRAINING: Location-Miami Beach Senior High School.Details coming soon
- APRIL 2014: EPA P3 Student Design Competition and EXPO, National Mall, Washington, DC, April TBA
- APRIL 2014: Green Schools NYC Spring Conference and Resource Fair, Lycee Francais de New York, NYC, April TBD
- APRIL 2014: Green Festival NYC, Jacob Javits Center, NYC: April TBD
P3: People, Prosperity and the Planet Student Design Competition for Sustainability
The National Mall, April 18-19, 2013
Green Festival NYC
Jacob Javits Center Northl, April 20-21, 2013
2012 images (below):
UPCOMING CELF EVENT:
Interested in becoming a CELF Student Ambassador (SAM)? Contact CELF to learn more and sign up for training.
STUDENT AMBASSADOR MATERIALS:
SAM TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM (not required for training)
SAM EVENT CALENDAR
(Updated schedule coming soon)
“I would definitely recommend the program to others! If you're scared about not knowing the people or are going to be shy about presenting, don't be. CELF SAMs are the best, and the P3 EXPO is designed for people who care about the environment, so everyone walking around is actually interested in what you're saying. It was a great way to learn about so many issues and to see what is really being done at the college level!”
2013 Student Ambassador representative to the EPA P3 Student Design Competition and EXPO, Washington, D.C.