- Professional Development & Consulting
- Sustainable School Coordination
- CELF Summer Institute
- Sustainability Summit/EXPO
- Learning with Leaders
- School Eco-Footprint Program
- CELF Student Ambassador Program
EXPLORE THE WATERGUIDE:
30+ activities to explore water and related sustainability issues from multiple perspectives
SUPPORT FRESHWATER FOR SCHOOLS WORLDWIDE:
"100 Schools" Water Campaign
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
CELF Student Ambassadors (SAMs) receive training in sustainability issues, gain hands-on experience and develop interpersonal skills while making a difference in their own community and communities around the globe. Ambassadors build relationships within their schools and with students from other high schools while representing CELF at local, regional and national events.
In addition to gaining the opportunity to present at numerous local events this spring, Student Ambassadors are eligible to represent CELF at two national conferences over Earth Day weekend. Click on the hyperlinked event names below for further program information.
CELF STUDENT AMBASSADOR TRAINING VIDEO
REGISTER YOUR EVENT to join the CELF LifeStraw "100 Schools" Water Campaign
SAM EVENTS SCHEDULE - 2013 - 2014: (Check back soon for additions/updates)
- OCT 12, 2013: Sustainability in Higher Education, student led panel discussion. College students from across the region share curriculum paths and campus greening efforts. @Manhattanville College
- NOV 9, 2013: FIELD TRIP: The Water We Drink Millwood Water Treatment Plant tour and water testing activity, followed by a guided tour outside of the Old Croton Aqueduct, NYC first modern water supply.
- NOV 26, 2013: Fox Lane High School Oxfam Water/Hunger Banquet, Bedford, NY
- DEC 2013: SAM Miami Beach TRAINING: Location-Miami Beach Senior High School
- JAN 15, 2014: SAM Advisory Board meeting
- JAN 29, 2014: SAM TriState NY TRAINING: Hackley-Allen Hall, 6:30-8:30 pm (See flyer for details)
- MARCH 12, 2014: SPEAKER PANEL: Topic: "Reducing Our Impact, While Making an Impact"
6:30-8:30 pm, with refreshments and networking to follow. Location: Scarsdale High School. Register via EMAIL with name, school, grade nad teacher/advisor's name.
- APRIL 24-27, 2014: EPA P3 Student Design Competition and EXPO and USA Science Festival - the largest science festival in the US! Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC. SAM training required, TWO Teacher recommendations due March 31st.
- APRIL 27, 2014: Green Festival NYC, Jacob Javits Center, NYC. SAM training required, one Teacher recommendation due March 31st.
- JUNE 22-28, 2014: Student Climate & Conservation (Sc3) Congress, Shepherdstown, WV Sc3 Congress fellowships are expected to fill quickly. Nominees are encouraged to apply early to have the best chance of acceptance as admissions is on a rolling basis. See Green Schools Alliance website for details and application process.
What is the universe made of? Why did dinosaurs go extinct? What do magic tricks and hip-hop have to with math? What will be the next medical breakthrough? What does baseball have to do with physics? Find out at the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo where over 250,000 K-12 students and parents, over 5,000 teachers and over 3,000 STEM professionals will experience the largest celebration of STEM!
Participants include more than 750 of the World's leading professional scientific and engineering societies, universities, government agencies, high tech corporations and STEM outreach and community organizations.
The two-day Expo is perfect for all ages, for anyone with a curious mind who is looking for a weekend of fun and discovery. Meet science celebrities like Mike Rowe, host of the Discovery Channel’s Dirty Job series, Bill Nye the Science Guy, David Pogue, host of NOVA ScienceNow series on PBS, and Grammy Award-winning alternative music band "They Might Be Giants!"
New this year: The Festival is hosting the U.S. News STEM Solutions conference, bringing in 2,500 STEM professionals from across the country and several science teacher associations including in thousands of teachers!
For more information, visit www.usasciencefestival.org
P3: People, Prosperity and the Planet Student Design Competition for Sustainability
The National Mall, April 18-19, 2013
Green Festival NYC
Jacob Javits Center, April 20-21, 2013
UPCOMING CELF EVENT:
SAM SPEAKER PANEL:
"Reducing Our Impact While Making An Impact"
STUDENT AMBASSADOR MATERIALS:
“I would definitely recommend the program to others! If you're scared about not knowing the people or are going to be shy about presenting, don't be. CELF SAMs are the best, and the P3 EXPO is designed for people who care about the environment, so everyone walking around is actually interested in what you're saying. It was a great way to learn about so many issues and to see what is really being done at the college level!”
2013 Student Ambassador representative to the EPA P3 Student Design Competition and EXPO, Washington, D.C.
SAM FIELD TRIP FORMS (REQUIRED FOR OUT-OF-TOWN EVENTS):
- TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM
- PARENTAL PERMISSION FORM (includes IMAGE RELEASE)
- HEALTH INSURANCE FORM/CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM
CELF Student Ambassador Program generously supported by Whole Foods Market.