Tier II: Taking a Deeper Dive into EfS
Designed to reinvigorate existing sustainability initiatives and/or enhance specific curriculum and instruction goals through EfS. Usually a semester-long or full-year engagement with school or district.
- Initiate a specific school project (garden, makerspace, compost system, nature trail, etc.)
- Engage community stakeholders in sustainability initiatives
- Apply EfS principles and practices to support STEM, service-learning and other place-based learning opportunities
- Establish EfS team to foster collaborative change in school culture
- Infuse EfS into existing curriculum
Here are sample workshops that could be included in a Tier II program.